Strategy published on : 03/07/2018 | 09:58
short sellStop-loss triggered
Entry price : 7.95€
Target : 7€
Stop-loss : 8.43€
Potential : 11.95%
The underlying trend is clearly bearish for stocks in Telefonica. This should continue to be the case over the coming trading sessions.
Investors should open a short trade and target the € 7.
● In view of fundamental criteria, the company is among low performers as far as mid or long-term investment strategy is concerned.
● Its low valuation, with P/E ratio at 10.6 and 9.56 for the ongoing fiscal year and 2019 respectively, makes the stock pretty attractive with regard to earnings multiples.
● This company will be of major interest to investors in search of a high dividend stock.
● The average target price set by analysts covering the stock is above current prices and offers a tremendous appreciation potential.
● As estimated by analysts, this group is among those businesses with the lowest growth prospects.
● The company is in a hindered financial situation with significant debt and rather low EBITDA levels.
● Financial statements have repeatedly disappointed market stakeholders. Most often, they were below expectations.
● For the last four months, the sales outlook for the coming years has been revised downwards. No recovery of the group's activities is yet foreseen.
● For the last twelve months, the trend in sales revisions has been clearly going down, which emphasizes downgraded expectations from the analysts.
● For the last few months, analysts have been revising downwards their earnings forecast.
● For the last 12 months, analysts have been regularly downgrading their EPS expectations. Analysts predict worse results for the company against their predictions a year ago.
● The underlying tendency is negative on the weekly chart below the resistance at 8.89 EUR